Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Techy Travel Tips




So I offered a program at our library entitled the above...great idea, I thought, but really for an online offering more so than a classroom lecture. Therefore, I'm making this my first official original post!

The idea behind this was to help those with summer vacation ideas firm up planning and also show them how to make travel more fun and easy before, during and after. I found over 60 apps (and there are many, MANY more) that do things from how to pack - "uPackingList" - to offbeat and unique places to stay - "AirBnB" - to sending an actual print postcard back home from your phone and the pictures on its' album - "Postcard on the Run" - to documenting and sharing your experiences after - "TripJournal". I created a Pinterest Board with the above title and descriptions of each of the 60 apps (all free or Lite versions) also print handouts for those who prefer paper.



These were my apps and thanks to www.dailytekk.com for their article in March called "Travel Smarter: Over 100 Top Websites and Apps for Your Next Trip" : http://dailytekk.com/2012/03/12/travel-smarter-over-100-top-websites-and-apps-for-your-next-trip/ .

Pinterest Check out my library's Pinterest page for more info on the above apps: http://pinterest.com/southwestpl/travel-apps/

No comments:

Post a Comment